Friday 10 July 2009

How to stop being vain and bitter

I no longer compare myself to other people. I used to do, but I realise it is pointless, because it will only make myself either vain or bitter, as there are people more gifted and talented than me, and there are people who I am more gifted and talented than. What other people do and don't do is a matter for them.

For example, Charlie, (A name I have just plucked up from nowhere) is brilliant at English, and Albert (Another name I have plucked up from nowhere) can hardly hardly write, but Albert may be very good at DIY whereas Charlie can't even change a light bulb. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. If you usually look and find, everybody is gifted at something, whether it is at English, Math, History, Science, DIY, Sport, IT, Music, being imaginative and creative, Art, singing or dancing, or in other spheres. There are Autistic savants such as Stephen Wiltshire, who had a mental age of six but the ability to reproduce likenesses of famous London landmarks from memory. It is true that some people find their niches in lives and others don't.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...thanks

11 October 2009 at 01:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The simple version is..

Accept who you are and move on from there.

25 January 2010 at 13:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home