Monday 6 July 2009

It is hypocritical, I swear

They say that you shouldn't swear in front of women and children. I find that to be a noble principle. However, it is not a practical one, because I have often heard women and children effing and blinding like it is going out of fashion. So if they eff and blind to such a level, why should you show restraint yourself?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a compulsive swearer. I feel when you are, it reduces the emphasis on the occasions when you do need to swear. However, if I were to drop an hammer on my foot, or cut myself by accident, or get stuck in a traffic jam, I wouldn't say "Dearie me" or "Oh Gosh, I wish I hadn't done that". Swearing is justified in the right situation and time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home