Sunday 30 August 2009

Cut out the crap and save on money and trees

I've just gone a week without reading a single national newspaper and I don't think I will ever bother buying a national newspaper again. I prefer to read the news on either the Internet, Teletext or listen to the TV news. You may think I am becoming ignorant. No, I am not. Ignorance is a terrible sin. However, the national newspapers are full of shit. Besides, I am trying to save trees! Someone once told me I don't read fiction. I replied, "Yes I do, I read the Daily Mail, The Sun and Daily Mirror each and every day!".

With the Internet, Teletext or TV news, there is less sensationalism, less bias and more truth and honesty. I didn't realise how little I would miss national newspapers until I stopped this last week. I also have access to the "Times" newspaper from 1785-1985, and national newspapers from 1986 to the present day, so I can go on there and read them. I could at home, also manage without a Television, if I had to. I couldn't manage without my music system, my PC, or my MP3 player. I regard those as essentials. For me, the Internet is a connection to the outside world.

My local newspaper has printed this month the A-level and GCSE (O-level in old money) results of students. Personally I don't know why they bother. I think one's exam results are a private matter, not for everybody to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home