Sunday 12 December 2010

Sharing a famous birthday is meaningless

Knowing which famous people share their birthday with me is ok out of curiousity, but I don't think it means that much. Jim Bowen, Joe Pasquale, Benjamin Harrison and Steve McMahon have the same birthday as me, 20th August, but I am not a Liverpool soccer player, I am not an American President, I don't have a squeaky voice and I don't wear a wig and tell people "Smashing, great, super" repeatedly! For me, knowing which famous people share the birthday as you is a matter of curiousity.

Stephen Hawking, was born on the 300th anniversary of Galileo's death. Galileo, as we know, was imprisoned by the Catholic Church for saying that the earth orbited around the Sun, as opposed to vice versa, which many believed at the time. However, Hawking said that 2,000 other people were born on that day across the world, (Thursday 8th January 1942). Indeed, some of them may have been Dustbinmen, or Accountants, or Roadsweepers, or Electricians, or Joiners, or Mechanics, or Labourers, or Lorry Drivers.

So no, sharing your birthday with a famous person doesn't means that much, as far as I am concerned. For me, a person is shaped by four things. Your genes which you inherit at birth, your upbringing, the environment in which you grew up in, and your experiences in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home