Tuesday 3 November 2009

Bonfires and Strikes

It was on the news yesterday morning about dustbinmen being on strike in Leeds. The news coverage of it showed of rubbish piling up in the streets. I think they should throw it all on the bonfires this Thursday, so it won't be piled up and left to rot and fester in the streets.

Mind you, in fairness, you don't know why the binmen are striking or what over, so I am not knocking them. My dad, is a welder by trade but he has been a postman since May 1982. He still works, part-time, at Royal Mail, and he's been on strike recently, and trust me, the management there are crap. Crozier is paid £995,000 a year, and he's asking postmen, who are on much, much less to work conditions that he wouldn't work. You wouldn't believe what conditions they are trying to bring in, even though we live in rapidly changing times, with the advent of email and text. Change is inevitable. I accept that, but not on the terms of the Royal Mail management.

So whilst people moan and whine about strikes, you have to look at why people are striking. From a personal perspective, I just wish I could win that lottery, mainly for my own's sake, but also, so I could get my dad out of there - for good.

1 Comments:

Blogger AS-4-L said...

Why are the Post Office striking? Because it's Christmas...

Though maybe I'm being too cynical...maybe it is just pure coincidence that their problems always arise around Christmas time when they are best placed to hold the country to ransom.

5 November 2009 at 18:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home