Tuesday 29 June 2010

Hayfever

The sunny and hot, but very niggly, sticky and close weather we have been having, and an high pollen count has meant that my Hayfever has been playing up again. This morning I woke up at 3.15am coughing and wheezing. I Fell asleep again though at 3.45am and slept through. Sunday night was bad, as I woke up at 3am, and I didn't fall asleep until 4.30am, though I am not the best of sleepers at night, even when I am in 100% health.

I was severely affected during June, July and early August 2006. My throat was tickly and dry all day, particularly at night, when I couldn't breathe. I was having to drink pints of water when I woke up at night that summer to wet my arid throat. I also had several coughing bouts that summer and it was the worst I have known, before or since. It eased when the weather turned cooler in mid-August.

My eyes were stinging a bit yesterday. However, hayfever and myself are no strangers. I was first struck down with in June 1979, when I was nearly 3 years of age. I had it severe in my early years. I remember my nose and eyes running like Linford Christie, and taking Sudafed. By now, I am used to it. I just find that some summers I get it worse than others.

People say that thunderstorms clear the air during humid weather. THEY DO NOT. All they do is make the atmosphere more humid, particularly when it rains. What "clears" the air is a change of wind direction. If there is a moist, humid, South-Westerly or Southerly wind, and the wind changes to the West or North-West, it becomes cooler and drier. If there is an Easterly wind in summer, it is a drier heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home