Sunday 27 June 2010

Abused? You don't know the meaning of the word?

Does anyone find that the word "Abused" or "Abuse" has become misused like "Eccentric" or "Genius"? Say if someone called me a Tosser, I wouldn't say they had abused me, I would say that they are ill-mannered. Yet that is often classed as "Abuse". No, abuse for me is being raped, sexual abuse, being repeatedly physically or mentally bullied. I just feel many people are getting too soft. I heard last week of a woman getting counselling because she got a parking ticket! No, the perjorative term of "Abuse" is an insult to someone who has been genuinely abused.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I agree absolutely sir. Thank you for your website and insight.

JPB

12 August 2010 at 09:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home